Our Support Brokers will ensure that you or your family member receives the support and services needed to live the life he/she wants because Everyone Deserves an Equal Opportunity!
A Support Broker helps a person figure out what kinds of services they need. A Support Broker can also help a person find a self-directed employee to assist them.
Self-directed employees provide services directly to a person. The kinds of assistance they offer may vary depending on the needs of the individual but may often include the following:
- Assistance with Increasing Independence (helping the individual learn to do laundry, cook, clean, dress, grocery shop, pay for items.)
- Assistance with On-the-Job Support (such as safety awareness, using the restroom, attending to task, lunch/breaks)
- Respite Care
- Transportation Services
When a person has found a self-directed employee they want to assist them, a Supports Broker can help the person with the following:
- Recruiting and hiring workers
- Developing advertisements, flyers, and other recruiting materials as needed for hiring staff
- Helping to complete applicant screenings
- Providing assistance to complete and submit employment paperwork
- Giving support in managing workers
- Interviewing potential applicants
Do you have more questions? Please let us know by sending us a message or giving us a call.